Thursday 10 June 2010

Waves

Sometimes when I go to an art gallery it challenges me to see everything differently. I start paying attention to things around me in the gallery. I notice all the spaces between the art work. Everything starts to look like art - even the light switches, the floor boards and the window frames. I leave the art gallery and everything around me looks different. The world is suddenly brighter, bolder, more detailed.

I went to glorious exhibition last week when I visited my brother in Cambridge. The artist, Maggie Hambling, had created the most wonderful paintings inspired by the north sea. She had captured these huge, powerful waves at the moment between rising up and crashing down. They made me giddy and as I traveled home everything I saw reminded me of the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment