Thursday 11 March 2010

Slow Readers Book Club


I just joined the Slow Readers Book Club. I don't think I have ever joined a book group before. That seems odd. I'm sure I should have by now. I suppose I have done my share of talking about books with groups of people in other ways.

Slow Readers Book Club looks fantastic. It's a online gaggle of readers who discuss a set book. The best bit there is no race to finish the book and no pressure. The idea is connected to the slow food movement. It's all about slowing down, taking it steady and connecting with people as part of a community. Those are all my favourite things so I signed up straight away.

I love the possibilities for these sort of projects on the internet. Do you know of any similar online community projects that bring people together? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment